Two of my favorite things in the world are Cookies & Mint Chocolate Chip Ice-Cream.
So, I had this thought….
WHY NOT COMBINE THE TWO?
To Google I went!
After finding a recipe I thought that was worthy, I just had to share it with the world.
Yes, THE WORLD.
This recipe calls for TEN ingredients. This my friends, is the most intense recipe we have encountered yet. GET EXCITED.
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp mint extract
- green food coloring
- 1 bag of Andes mints
Steps to making Mint Chocolate Cookies
1) Sift the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt) together and set aside.
2) Take the Andes Mints, unwrap them, & set aside.
3) In either a KitchenAid or a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
(*Make sure butter is at room temperature, if not microwave for about 30 seconds.)
4) Begin to beat in the egg and mint extract into the butter and sugar mixture.
(*Make sure the egg is fully beat!)
5) Now, begin to gradually blend in the dry ingredient mixture in the large bowl, which you set aside earlier.
(*Hint: Use a rubber spatula to semi-mix the dry ingredients together before starting the blender. If not, you will take the risk of getting dry ingredients everywhere.)
6) It is now the time to add green food coloring and mix until even colored–you can really choose whatever color you like. (I used 7 Drops.)
7) Put your dough into the refrigerator with a paper towel over it and preheat the stove to 375° F.
8) Begin to cut up your Andes Mints.
9) After you finish cutting up the Andes Mints, take the dough out of the refrigerator and fold in the chopped up mints.
10) With your dough ready to go, begin to roll the dough into little balls, flatten, and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
11) Set the timer to 9 minutes and put your cookies in!
12) Make sure to let the cookies cool for about 2 minutes before moving to a new surface.
TA-DA! Mint Chocolate Cookies! Enjoy 🙂
**Word of Advice: Enjoy with Ice-Cream! 🙂