Halloween is right around the corner, which means more Halloween recipes for that scary costume party you are going to throw. Halloween is made up of ghouls, candy, and………..CANDY CORN.
Candy Corn is a delicious holiday treat that has made its way into other various foods since the 1880s around Halloween time, including Oreos and M&M’s.
This week, I decided to take this favorite holiday treat to a new level: Candy Corn Fudge.
For this recipe, you only need five ingredients.
- 1 package of white vanilla chips
- 1 package of butterscotch chips
- Food Coloring
- 2 cans of vanilla icing
- Candy Corn
Steps to making Candy Corn Fudge
1) Line a 13 x 9 baking pan with foil.
2) Butter the foil with either Pam or original butter.
3) Begin to melt the vanilla chips in a double boiler (if you do not have a double boiler, melt chocolate in the microwave *BE CAREFUL)
4) Once the vanilla chips are melted, take one can of icing and combine it with the melted chocolate.
5) After combining the two, take approximately one-third of the mixture and spread on the bottom of the buttered 13 x 9.
6) Now, follow the same steps with the vanilla chips for the butterscotch chips. (Melt and combine with 1 can of icing)
7) Combine red and yellow (or orange) food coloring to make the butterscotch mixture a nice orange color.
8) Spread the orange mixture on top of the vanilla mixture spread on the bottom of the 13 x 9.
9) After spreading the orange butterscotch mixture, take your remaining two-third vanilla chip mixture and put yellow food coloring in it.
10) Then, spread the remaining vanilla yellow mixture on top of the orange.
11) Put in the refrigerator for approximately one hour.
12) Once it has been about an hour, take your fudge out of the refrigerator and “flip-it” onto a cutting board, so the foil is now on top.
13) Remove Foil.
14) Cut into Slices & put Candy Corn pieces on top! ENJOY!! 🙂